Zero Tolerance Policy
Players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators. In becoming a member of this organization, an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the organization and its participants. The essential elements in this policy are honesty and integrity. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to themselves, their team and the organization. It is only through such conduct that our organization can continue to earn and maintain a positive image and make its full contribution to our sport and community.
The following essential elements of this policy must be followed:
- Sportsmanship and teaching the concepts of fair play are essential to the game and must be taught at all levels and developed both at home and during practices and games.
- The value of good sportsmanship, the concepts of fair play, and the skills of the game should always be placed above winning.
- The safety and welfare of the players are of primary importance.
- Players should always demonstrate positive behavior and respect toward teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, parents and spectators.
- Coaches, players, parents and spectators are expected to demonstrate the utmost respect for officials and reinforce that respect to players.
- Grievances or misunderstandings between coaches, officials or any other parties involved with the organization should be communicated through the proper channels and procedures.
- Spectators involved with the game must never permit anyone to openly or maliciously criticize, badger, harass or threaten an official, coach, player or opponent.